LGA News August 2019
Cheers to July!
“King” Stan Treskovich and his “Queens” Darlene Elliott, Sheryl Hershock and Karen Hough ruled the course and the rest of the field in the King and Queens tournament. Treskovich and Bill Hough took home honors for long putt while Ed Elliott and Bill Hough won closest-to-the-pin prizes.
Although no organized event is conducted on Friends’ Day, hostess Becky DeMuth made everyone feel like a special friend with on-course snacks and a wonderfully chosen luncheon for the occasion.
The first round of the Queen Bee, organized by last year’s winner Cindy Bode, was played on July 30. We will have to wait until the following Tuesday to name this year’s “Queen Bee”. The 9-holers will also contest their Lady Bug tournament on the same day. Cocktails and dinner for all players follow the event on August 6.
Mark August 13 on your calendars for the Ladies’ Classic. There will be shotgun starts of 1:00 (18-holers) and 3:00 (9-holers) followed by cocktails and dinner. This is a net tournament with proximity prizes.
Thank you to John Klinchock and his golf staff who planned and organized the Ladies’ Invitational that was held on July 2. See John’s newsletter item for the full results of the tournament.
From the Pro ~ July 2019
The dog days of summer are here and we are in the midst of having a great stretch of weather that makes the golf course firm and fun. The Golf Shop Staff is committed to helping you enjoy your golf at whatever level you choose. We are excited about what the rest of the summer has to offer.
- Mondays July 8th OakBrook and Monday July 22nd -GlenGary
- Thursday July 4th –Red White Blue Skins Game—in both Net and Gross, ½ Cash and ½ Credit
- Sat-Sun July 13th-14th Member-Member, The golf event is always fun filled with great play and a wonderful themed party and this year seems to be no exception with The Gravel Burnouts playing Saturday evening’s party. If you have never played or perhaps need a partner, please don’t hesitate to sign up or allow the Golf Shop to assist you or your team. This will be the 21st year for this great event. Only Golf Members may participate in the Golf part of the Member-Member. Saturday will be Scotch Twosome and Sunday will be Best Ball Of Two.
- Wednesday July 17th Men’s Stag-as a member you can entertain as may guests as you like, we begin with an 11:30 lunch and golf at 1pm followed by dinner after play.
- Hidden Valley Exchange Thursday July 18th
- Tuesday July 30th-Aug 6th Ladies Queen Bee
August Schedule (at present)
- Thursday August 1st Champion Lakes Exchange
- Saturday August 3rd -Dog Days Paws and Pars(New Event)-5pm shotgun—start 6 hole event—bring your pooch to the course, followed by Pupperoni Pizza(haha) on the patio
- Saturday-Sunday August 10th -11th CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP-one of the top events of the year! 36 holes for all groups----all play will be in your own handicap division, Golf Members Only.
- Ladies Classic-Tuesday August 13th—9am Shotgun Start
- September Schedule(at present)
- Sun. Sept. 1st -5 Person Scramble 9:15 Shotgun Start
The Open Championship July 18-21- we will have pool for the combined dollar amount of the two. We will have you pick a player from column 1,2,3 for the Open Championship. You will get one pick from each column, world rankings 1-10, 11-25, 26-40.
2019 Ligonier Invitational Results --June 6-7 (Visit HERE for pics!)
1st – Lou Bruzda-Cory Bruzda
2nd— BJ Torau-Jason Potuzko
1st- Dave Strauser-Steve Limani
2nd-Jim Muir-Greg Adams
1st- Bernie Lynch-Garrett Stempfer
2nd- Barry Kassel-Nick Morrison
1st- Brian Quinn-Jeep Quinn
2nd—Pat Flannagan-Pat McBroom
1st – Keith Miller-Bob Swann
2nd- Dave Dillman-Kurt Kuyat
1st- Paul Zanotto-Fred Planinsek
2nd- Bill Rosa-Rick Dell
Overall Champions were Jeep and Brian Quinn, they defeated 7 other teams in the 7 team playoff. It was a great playoff filled with great twists and turns, on #1 Jeep and Brian made par on the first playoff hole to win. Two great days of golf and friendship was capped off by a wonderful dinner Saturday evening presented by Bill, BobbiJo and staff. Justin and his staff had the Golf Course in magnificent shape. We hope everyone had a Great time, and hope that you participate in the years to come.
The range has once again been very busy this year, the use of woods is discouraged, please be very careful when hitting any balls at the practice facility. Please use the new path the entire distance to the range back behind #18 green, past #16 tee on the left then into the new opening to the right side, do not cut thru #9 fairway.
The Golf Shop is committed to your enjoyment while you are here at the facility. As with any job there are uncomfortable and touchy situations that arise from time to time. Details of your membership can be found on the website and management is happy to discuss or clarify any questions.
LGA News July 2019
Our Ladies’ Golf Association was in full “swing” during June. Congratulations to these winners:
June 4 Aces:
1st-Robin Giunta; 2nd-Holly Hall; 3rd (tie)-Gayle Smith and JoAn Treskovich
9-Holers: 1st-Usha Singh; 2nd-Dotty Lynch
June 11 Flag Tournament:
1st-Karen Murphy; 2nd-Pat Warren; ties for 3rd-Enis Cassill, Karen Hough, Carolyn Morford, Gayle Smith
9-holers: 1st- Usha Singh; 2nd- Dotty Lynch; 3rd-Virginia Funnell
June 18 Rained Out!
June 25 Long and Short
1st-Jackie Elliott; 2nd-Darlene Elliott and JoAn Treskovich; 3rd-Betty Rosa and Karen Thompson
The Ladies’ Invitational will be contested on July 2 with a 9:00am shotgun. Bring one guest or make your own foursome. This event (open to social members) is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy great food, prizes, tee gifts and have fun on our beautiful course. Call the Golf Shop to reserve your space.
There is a lot of golf to be played! Be sure to mark your calendar for these exciting events:
King and 3 Queens (July 9), Friends' Day (July 23), Queen Bee ringer event (July 30 and August 6) and the Ladies’ Classic (August 13)
Remember that Tuesday golf in July begins at 9:00 am. Golfers should assemble in front of the golf shop at 8:30 am for announcements and pairings.