Beginning November 4th, the Clubhouse will be open for dining at 50%. We have voluntarily signed an agreement with the state to be allowed at this percentage and will follow all guidelines to keep you, your families, and our staff as safe as possible. We are also reducing our operational hours to remain cost effective for the club’s financial well-being. Thank you in advance for your understanding. Please read the below guidelines carefully:
Clubhouse Dining will be Wednesdays to Saturdays 12 pm to 8 pm, with last reservation at 7:30 pm
The Pavilion will close November 1st for the season.
724-238-7620 ext 2-2
Yes! That’s the Grillroom extension. During operational hours only!
Reservations are Required
- Make your reservation early. Any night has the potential to fill up quickly.
- We can seat 65 people throughout the 3 dining areas, so though you may request which room you’d like to sit in, your party number and time of reservation may dictate your table location.
- Parties of 6 or 8 will be seated in the ballroom. Parties larger than 10 will be seated at multiple tables.
- Consider coming early in the month and for an earlier dinner time so you don’t run out of days to use your minimum.
- We reserve the right to close an hour early if there are no reservations.
Curbside Pickup will be available off the menu.
- You may place your order at any time during the day and specify the time of pickup. Curbside may not be available after 6 pm on busy nights.
- A heat and serve menu will continue to be available as well. These items will need to be ordered 48 business hours ahead of pickup.
- The Thanksgiving Heat-and-Serve Dinners will be a great option for those of you wary of eating inside. See the email or newsletter for more information. It will also fulfill your whole November minimum in one shot!
Please keep your visit to under 1 ½ hours.
- The essence of the guidelines is to discourage mingling and to shorten the amount of time of possible exposure.
- We also need time to sanitize table and chairs between reservations, so please avoid lingering.
Masks will be still be required when moving around the facilities.
They may be removed only while seated at your table.
- Alcoholic beverages may only be purchased with meal.
- Tables will be spaced 6 feet apart.
- The clubhouse will be disinfected daily and highly touched areas disinfected hourly.
Reference our Blog for any other state or CDC guidelines not included above.
At this time, there are no holiday parties planned for the remainder of the year as restrictions on gatherings keep that option out of reach for us.
Thank you for understanding and support of Ligonier Country Club.
Ladies' Golf News ~ November 2020
How lucky it was that closing day was moved from September 29, when it rained, to October 6 when the sun was shining. Once again teams included 18 and 9-holers. Here are the results of the scramble and skill prizes:
- 1st Place: Cindy Soccio, Barbara Sloan, Marcie Larson, Karen Thompson
- 2nd Place: Darlene Elliott, Robin Giunta, Dottie Lynch
- 3rd Place: JoAn Treskovich, Virginia Funnell, Anne Aungier
- Closest to the Hole #7: Carolyn Morford (18-holer)
- Longest Drive # 9: Cindy Soccio (18-holer) and Dottie Lynch (9-holer)
- Closest to the Hole #11: Karen Thompson (18-holer) and Virginia Funnel (9-holer)
- Longest Drive #14: Cindy Soccio (18-holer) and Suzanne Lynch (9-holer)
- Closest 2nd Shote #18: Virginia Funnell (9-holer)
Even with all the Covid restrictions and the delay in starting our season, 2020 was a great year. We hardly missed a Tuesday play due to the drought. Again, I would like to thank all the members of the Association and Sean Knaus and his staff for their cooperation in making 2020 a success.
This will probably be the last of the news for this year. See you again in March.
From the Pro ~ October 2020
This year keeps on keeping on and we can only hope October will be just as good. In September, we had an outstanding 5-Person Scramble and a unique Cross-Country Scramble. October will be just as good with our Couples Date Night, Fall Member Guest, and annual Pumpkin Par-3 tournament. We all know how beautiful Ligonier is in the fall, so we hope to see you on the course!
The Golf Shop is receiving inventory weekly and starting to look full just in time for the crisp cool air. We have already had Straight Down Golf Shirts and Outerwear and Men’s & Ladies Antigua outerwear arrive.
Starting October 1 until October 11; all in stock Titleist Golf Bags & Grips will be an additional 10% off Member Price
What else you ask is still to come?
- Ladies Cutter & Buck Hoodies
- Donald Ross Polos & Outerwear
- Men’s Cutter & Buck pullovers and dress shirts
- Men’s & Ladies Sweatshirts
- Imperial Rope hats and Winter Fleece Hats
- Tica Leather Goods
- Corkcicle Whiskey Glasses (back again in limited quantities)
*It is also hard to believe but we only have 85 days until Christmas. Look-out for special holidays sales involving Titleist Golf Ball imprinting, Theragun products and much, much more!
P.S. We may be some of the best gift wrappers around!
Sean & Jesse’s Patriot Golf Day Marathon
On Wednesday, September 2, Jesse, and I battled the wind, rain and sun while playing, walking, and carrying our golf bags. We managed to finish the day with 90 holes played and a generous donation of $3,400 that all goes to the Folds of Honor Foundation. We would like to thank the Ligonier Country Club members in supporting us and this wonderful foundation that supports families of fallen soldiers.
Golf Shop Match Play & US Open Pool
Congratulations to our following Golf Shop match play winners. We would like to thank all who participated, and we hope to grow this event next year!
King of the Highlands- Allen Jurica
The Flossie- Ann Queale
Black Tree Challenge- TBD (Allen Jurica/Corey Riddell vs. Dave Dillman/Bob Jackson)
US Open Pool
We had 25 entries into our pool and 10 of those were able to make it to the weekend. Congratulations to Dan Alexander who narrowly beat Tom Zoppetti by 1 to take home the $200 Golf Shop Credit prize.
*With the success of our US Open Pool, look out for our Master’s one in November!
September Event Results
Our 5-Person Scramble was a huge success with 130 players in attendance. It was a beautiful day and the course conditions were even better. It was also a tight race with a scorecard playoff needed in the Gross division with (3) different teams.
- 1st- Dave Smail, Stan Treskovich, Rick McLeary, Joe Pianko & John Liprando
- 2nd- Jim Biss, Ben Biss, Thomas Vince, Ed Elliott & Ken Macha
- 3rd- Joe Corsi, Dan Clark, Ken Hue, Mike Keating & Ian Henfel
- 1st- Randy Boyer, Dave Marshall, Patrick Whoeler, Mark Susco & Denny Stanko
- 2nd- Tom Donchez, Case Donchez, Bill Brown, Bob Luther & Jim Laughlin
- 3rd- Dave Paladino, Dave Gilbert, Ted Paladino, Scott Green & Mark Parish
30+ players came out after aerification and battled the strategic 9-hole layout for our cross-country event. One member in attendance mentioned, after 30+ years playing this golf course, today was fun and a fresh look at Ligonier Country Club.
T-1st: Jim Biss, Ben Biss, Tom Vince & Joe Corsi
Shayne Naugle, Tom Zoppetti, Kevin Metsger & Matt Burkardt
1st- Steve Meyers, Peg Meyers, Sammy Nicklow & Barry Novotny
Upcoming Events & Information
Please call or stop in the Golf Shop to sign-up for the events below
Golf Course Tee Times and hours UPDATE (Month of October)
-Golf CARTS MUST BE IN BY 7:00 PM
*Times will adjust based on daylight
-Weekday & Weekend start times will remain the same at 8am
-The Driving Range will close at 6:30 PM (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday)
-The Driving Range will close at 4:30 PM (Sunday & Wednesday) for clean picking
Proper Divot Pattern:
GOLF COURSE CLOSURES
- Friday, October 2- Action for Animals (Limited AM Tee Times)
- Monday, October 5- Ligonier Camp (Course open for walking only at 3:30 PM)
- Thursday, October 8- PA Rural Water (Course open at 3:30 PM)
- Friday, October 9- Garofolo Outing (Course open at 3:30 PM)
- Thursday, October 15- Western Ladies (Course open at 4:30 PM)
*All other Mondays (Course open for walking only)
Couples Date Night
Wednesday, October 14 (5 PM Start)
-Looking for a fun fall activity? Bring a date to the course and experience fun game activities that will not only test your skill, but you may learn a pointer or two! Oh, and stay for dinner with our special date night menu!
$20 per couple
Saturday, October 17 (10:30 am Shotgun)
Better ball of Partners (Gross, NET & Ladies only divisions)
Full Breakfast, Steak Dinner, One Guest will have a chance to win a 2021 Golf Membership and One Member will have a chance to win $500 towards their 2021 Golf Dues!
Sign-up Deadline: Monday, October 5 at NOON
Saturday, October 31- 11 AM Shotgun Start
9-hole Par 3 scramble from “unique tee locations with unique pin locations”
-Sign up as single, two-some, threesome our foursome
The Hole-In-One Club will go until October 31. Money left in the pot will transfer over to 2021 and will start April 1.
- Jon Rankin- Hole #4
- Mike Grados- Hole #7
- Paul Gabelt- Hole #7 (hole-in-one club member)
- Corey Riddell- Hole #7 (hole-in-one club member)
- Ed Elliott- Hole #7 (hole-in-one club member)
- Jim Biss- Hole #7
If you have any questions about what is listed above, questions about product, holiday gifts or ideas; we are always here to help. All things considering, we are having a wonderful year and look forward to an amazing fall and holiday season!
Sean Knaus, PGA
Head Golf Professional
Dining Update as of Oct 1st
Outside Dining Only
It was decided July 1st that in the best interest of staff, members, and the financial operations of the club that dining be limited to outdoors.
Outdoor dining will remain in effect until the end of October (don’t worry, we have heaters in the pavilion!)
October hours for the pavilion are:
Sundays and Tuesdays 11:30 am to 6 pm
Wednesday thru Saturday 11:30 am to 8 pm
Events may close the dining for part or all of the day. As always, we will do our best to keep this from happening. Please check the calendar and look for emails about closures.
Dinner reservations are required at all times and by 4:00 pm
Should we have no reservations, we may close up to an hour early
If you think you'll be in after your golf round, please let the staff know; we cannot guarantee seating for walkins after 4:00 pm
You can call the pavilion directly at ext 2-7 from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm
Note: as always, we monitor the weather; we will adjust the number of reservations available according to forecasts. The sooner you can make a reservation, the sooner you ensure you will have a seat.
Yes, masks are required to be worn when moving about the facilities but may be removed while seated at a table.
Please remember to practice social distancing at all times.
We currently have two menus: an outdoor menu and a limited curbside menu.
You may order take out off the outdoor menu and pick it up curbside.
(but just like inside, business may dictate that we limit or restrict take out)
The Curbside Menu requires 24-hour notice to prepare items.
Current Menus can always be found on the Dining Page on our website.
Pizzas are available after 2 pm Wednesday to Saturday.
New Phone Extensions
You can now dial the pavilion directly to make a reservation or order take out. This phone will only be monitored from 11:30 am to 6:00 pm and just like the grillroom phone, staff may be busy with guests at any time.
As always, dial 2 at the first phone greeting to dial an extension:
- Ext 3: Pro Shop
- Ext 4: Bill Elliott, General Manager
- Ext 5: Beth Porter, Controller and Billing/Membership questions
- Ext 7: Pavilion (during normal dining only)
- Ext 8: Leah Kappel, Front of House
Staff is currently NOT available to answer ext 2 for the Grillroom.
Please reference emails for directions for which extension to call for event sign ups.
Reminder of Dining Notes eff 7/23/20
The State of PA is strictly enforcing the following guidelines
- Masks Must be Worn at all times except while seated
- Alcohol can only be purchased with a complete meal order; or in a group at least one person must order a meal (snacks, a hot dog, basket of chips, etc does not count as a meal per the state's definitions)
- Alcohol cannot be purchased after meal plates are removed from the table
Please assist our staff in following the state’s directives
If you would like more information on the state's directives there is a fairly thorough FAQ HERE: